I'm a PhD student at the Università degli Studi di Torino, Department of Computer Science, where I'm a member of the Applied Research on Computational Complex Systems (ARC²S) Group. I started my PhD program in 2011, after a Master degree in Communication Science. My research interests are User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, Computational Social Science, Networks Analysis, and Data Visualization.
- Tursi, G., Deplano, M., Ruffo, G. AIRCacher: virtual geocaching powered with augmented reality. In Proceedings of the 25th ACM conference on Hypertext and social media. ACM, 2014.
- Cena, F., Chiabrando, E., Crevola, A., Deplano, M., Gena, C., & Perrero, M. A Movie Timeline for a Movie Recommender In Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on AI* HCI: Intelligent User Interfaces (AI* HCI 2013).
- Cena, F., Chiabrando, E., Crevola, A., Deplano, M., Gena, C., & Osborne, F. A Proposal for an Open Local Movie RecommenderIn Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Personalized Access to Cultural Heritage (PATCH 2013).
- M. Deplano and G. Ruffo GWAP as a tool to analyze, design, and test geo-social systems In Intelligent Multimedia Technologies for Networking Applications: Techniques and Tools D. Kanellopoulos, Ed. IGI Global, ch. 16, pp. 380-407, (2013)
- L. M. Aiello, M. Deplano, R. Schifanella, G. Ruffo People are Strange when you're a Stranger: Impact and Influence of Bots on Social Networks In ICWSM'12: 6th International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, Dublin, IR, 2012 (Winner of the Best Dataset Award - available here)
Corso Svizzera 185, 10149 Torino (Italy)
Dipartimento di Informatica, Universita' degli Studi di Torino