Back to the home page
(* in this list are not included the talks I gave at conferences or workshops with published proceedings).
- Invited talk (invitee Prof. Alessandro Saffiotti, Örebro University, Sweden): "Penguins and Polar Bears: A Hybrid Representational and Reasoning Approach for Common Sense Categorization" at the School of Science and Technology, University of Örebro, Sweden, September 13 2016.
- Invited talk (invitee Prof. Peter Gärdenfors, Lund University, Sweden): "Dual Peccs: A Cognitive System for Conceptual Categorization and Reasoning" at the Cognitive Science Series Seminar, Lund University, Sweden, August 31 2016.
- "Extending the Knowledge Level in Cognitive Architectures with Conceptual Spaces", Conceptual Spaces at Work 2016, Stockholm, Sweden, August 24-27 2016. The video of the talk is available at this link.
- Invited talk at the International School on Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures that will be held in Moscow (Russia) from April 21-24 2016. The school is organized and sponsored by the Russian Science Foundation (RSF) and by the BICA Society.
Invitee: Prof. Alexei Samsonovich (George Mason University, USA and NRNU MEPhI, Department of Cybernetics, Russia). Title of the talk: "Computational Explanation in BICA". The video of the talk is available on the Vimeo Channel of the BICA Society or can be watched below.
- Invited talk (invitee Prof. Antonis Kakas, University of Cyprus): "Towards which Intelligence ? Cognition as Design Key for building Artificial Intelligent Systems', at ESCOP 2015 19th Conference of the European Society for Cognitive Psychology. Official Symposium 'Bridging Cognitive Psychology and Artificial Intelligence', Paphos, Cyprus, September 17-20 2015.
Other invited speakers of this symposium are: Prof. Peter Gärdenfors, Prof. Pat Langley. Link: http://www.escop2015.org/list-of-accepted-symposia
- Invited talk (invitee Prof. Francesco Stella, University of Siena): "Steps Towards Cognitive Narrative Machines", Symposium: The Mechanic Muse, organized by the University of Siena, 12-13 June 2015, Siena (Certosa di Pontignano).
- "Categorizzazione basata su Prototipi ed Esemplari mediante l'integrazione di Spazi Concettuali e Ontologie in una Architettura Cognitiva", Senso Comune Workshop 2015, ISTC-CNR, Rome, Italy, 31 March 2015.
- "Il sistema Labyrinth: archetipi narrativi e ontologie per l’ editoria multimediale", Notte dei Ricercatori, 26 September 2014, Torino. (poster presentation + demo), with R. Damiano.
- "Ontological Representations and Narrative: A Case Study in Cultural Heritage", SIG IAOA Design Semantics Workshop 2014, University of Bari, Italy, 29th Jun 2014 - 2nd July 2014.
- Invited talk (invitee: Ph.D. Silvano Zipoli Caiani, University of Milan, Department of Philosophy): "Concepts: on the need of an integrated perspective in AI", Neurophilosophy Seminar, University of Milan, Italy, 17th April 2014.
- "Attacking the Typicality Problem by Coupling Conceptual Spaces and Ontologies", Senso Comune Workshop 2014, ISTC-CNR, Trento, Italy, 25th March 2014.
- Invited talk (invitee: Prof. Christian Freksa, University of Bremen, Cognitive Systems Group): "A cognitive approach for modeling and reasoning on common sense knowledge in computational ontologies", Spatial Cognition Colloquium Workshop, University of Bremen, Germany, 7 March 2014.
- "Concepts, Perception and the Dual Process Theory of Mind" at 9th International Symposium of Cognition, Logic and Communication: Perception and Concepts, Riga, Latvia, 17 May 2013. (slides), with M.Frixione.
- Invited talk: (invitee: Prof. Ismo Koponen, University of Helsinki): "Concepts, (Formal) Ontologies and Conceptual Change" at ConChaMo4 workshop, Helsinki, Finland, 22 February 2013. A summary of the talks given at the workshop is available on the blog "Cognitive Systems"
- "Non Classical Concept Representation in Formal Ontologies", Department of Computer Science, University of Turin, 19 September 2012.
- "Connecting Prototipical and Definitional Knowledge in the Semantic Web", poster presentation at SSSW12, 9th Int. Summer School on Semantic Web and Knowledge Engineering, Cercedilla (Madrid), Spain. July 08-14 2012.
- "Formal Ontologies and Semantic Technologies: A Dual Process Proposal for Concept Representation", CLMPS 11, 14 th Congress of Logic Methodology and Philosophy of Science, University of Nancy, France. July 19-26 2011. With M. Frixione.
- "Concept Representation in Formal Ontologies: A Dual Process Proposal", LRR10 Conference on Logic, Reasoning and Rationality, University of Ghent, Belgium. 20-22 September 2010. With M. Frixione.
- "Manual vs Semi-Automatic Approach to the Ontology Building", Reasoning Web 2009, University of Bolzano-Brozen, Brixen-Bressanone, Italy. 30 august - 2 sett. 2009.
- "Intelligent Search e Motori di Ricerca Inferenziali", Faculty of Economics Roma Tre, Roma 21-22 november 2008.
- "A Web Based Ontology for Energy Domain", MIS Department (Management of Information System Department), Haifa University, Israel. 18 june 2008.
(* in international conferences).
Back to the home page