- Alessia Visconti's research interests concern
Computational Biology, Machine Learning & Data Mining, High-throughput Biologyand genetics of complex diseases.
- Alessia Visconti's research activity deals with the study of the genetics of human diseases. Her work focuses on the identification of genetic variants influencing the risk of common diseases or of related quantitative phenotypes. She has also worked on the problem of knowledge discovery in biological data, developing new approaches tailored to solve biological task, and on the reverse engineering of gene regulatory networks.
- More recently she became interested in the studying of Probabilistic Graphical Models.
- Senescence and melanoma -- An integrative systems biology approach to characterise the link between reduced biological senescence and melanoma susceptibility
Funded by British Skin Foundation -- 2013-2015
- Genomic analysis of Type 2 Diabetes in Qatar, towards diabetes personalized medicine
Funded by Qatar Foundation -- 2013-2018
- LIMPET: Isotropic And Anisotropic Lipophilicity To Model Permeability Of New Therapeutic Peptides
Funded by Compagnia di San Paolo, 2013-2014
- BioBITs: Developing white and green biotechnologies by converging platforms from biology and information technology towards metagenomics
Funded by Regione Piemonte, 2008-2011
- Computational models for biodiversity: Realizzazione di modelli informatici per la valorizzazione della qualità e la tracciabilità delle produzioni in specie da frutto coltivate in Piemonte
Funded by Regione Piemonte, 2004-??